We’ve reached the final level: the child can self-regulate their activated nervous system. With secure attachment and conflict resolution skills, they’re forming healthy relationships. Now, they’re prepared to explore self-identity, build self-confidence, embrace a growth mindset that can conquer self-doubt.
THE CHILD’S PROFILE
- I don’t feel worthy of accepting love and nurture
- I can become upset at small ‘telling’s off’
- I say hurtful things to myself such as “I’m stupid” or “everyone hates me”
- I struggle to know where I belong in the world
- I struggle to try new things – because I fear I’ll fail