Sometimes we need to sit with our emotions and ask ‘what do you need?’ This pack is a great way of focusing our attention on that process. Simply, print them off (A4 or A5) and encourage the child to use them to channel their attention on the emotion – allowing the emotion to be present and writing or drawing a response. We need to understand our emotions, our triggers and our coping mechanisms – this is a tool to achieve all three.
- To help children express their emotions
- To help children communicate their emotional needs
Who would benefit from using this pack?:
- Anxious children struggling to sleep – why not put one of these next to their bed, so that they can stop their ‘chimp’ over thinking the problem?
- Children that mask at school – why not write one out at home and then give it to a trusted adult at school, so that the school are aware of any difficulties?
- Children with selective mutism – to enable the adult to understand and support the child, without putting pressure on them to talk about it.
- Children struggling with anxiety and stress
This pack contains:
- A4 Designs – with different colours ad backgrounds
Number of Pages: 28
Font: Open Dyslexic
Format: High Quality PDF File