Warm Fuzzies & Cold Pricklies
- To be able to label an emotion
- To be able to understand how that emotion impacts on ourselves and others
- To understand that positive actions, create positive emotions
- To understand that negative actions, create negative emotions
- To understand the clear difference between positive and negative actions
- To understand how to resolve any negative actions and emotions that their behaviour may have caused
The goal of this toolkit is to help young children understand their own emotions and begin to understand how their actions impact on the emotions of others. Although it is aimed at children 5 and under – it is also suitable for children that are older than 5 that still struggle with understanding emotional regulation. Needing a more simplistic approach in grouping emotions into positive and negative.
This Pack Contains:
- Activity 1: Read the Story of the Warm Fuzzies & Cold Pricklies.
- Activity 2: Naming the Warm Fuzzy Feelings.
- Activity 3: Naming the Cold Prickly Feelings.
- Activity 4: Correctly Identify Positive Choices of Behaviour.
- Activity 5: Making the Right Choices.
- Warm Fuzzies Sticker Template: Ideal for printing warm fuzzies to give to the child and for the child to give to others. Pompoms can also be created.
- Posters of all the visual cues for positive/negative emotions and actions have been included, so that you can create effective displays.
Number of pages: 148