Emotion & Feelings Flashcards
- To begin to identify and label emotions
- To begin to communicate emotions through visual aids
- To begin to communicate emotions verbally
This resource pack has been created to provide young children with visual aids, to enable them to communicate their emotional needs. These are ideal for pre-school children who are building the emotional vocabulary – so that their needs are met. Building strong relationships and trust.
How to Use:
- Select the images the child relates to the most and put these up on the wall to make them available to the child at all times.
- Throughout the day – reflect back to the images, pointing to them and mirroring that emotion on your face and through body language.
- Use these cards when reading stories/singing songs (e.g., when you’re happy and you know it …)
- Have a laminated set available at all times (keyring/lanyard) – identify emotions with the child, in different settings/situations.
- In time, as the child becomes more confident in their own emotional needs – they could have a set of these in their pocket.
This Pack Contains the following flashcards:
- 4 x Hungry, Happy, Angry, Sleepy, Thirsty, Sad, Surprised, Playful
Number of Pages: 17