The Tone of Voice Pack
- To be able to label an emotion based on listening to a voice
- To be able to recognise the feeling behind this
- To begin to understand how to respond to a person, based on their tone of voice
The aim of this pack, is to provide the facilitator with a selection of audio clips that express different emotions – based on tone, volume and wording.
They are a fun way of teaching children how to interpret others and convey their own thoughts correctly.
Ideal for those children – that misinterpret what other people say!
This pack contains:
- Emotion Fans: Happy, Sad, Angry, Afraid, Disgusted, Surprised, Excited, Frustrated
- 33 Audio Clips: ‘How is that person feeling?’ ‘Is this child being honest (in what they say)?’ ‘What do they mean?’
- Same Word – Different Tone: There are a number of audio clips that have the same word, but said in different ways, for example ‘Okay’ is said in 3 different ways – getting more frustrated at the end! Great for modelling polite behaviours.
- 18 question prompt cards – to expand understanding and reduce misunderstandings