Helping children understand their emotional brain
This fun Matrix Style brain resource pack, has been created to give an abstract concept of different parts of our brain – in a visual way. It breaks it down – so that the child begins to recognise that they are either in their calm rational brain, their emotional Monkey Mind – or in ‘The Programme!’ of autopilot. I wonder what they’ll say!
It needs to be used in conjunction with other resources, such as The Emotional Activation Scale – so that if they are in their Monkey Mind, they know how to articulate that information into emotional vocabulary. It would also be beneficial for the child to then have a toolkit of ideas on what to do next.
- To understand that we have a calm, rational part of the brain
- To understand that we have an emotional, reactive part of the brain
- To understand that we have an autopilot programmed part of the brain
This Pack Contains:
- The 3 Parts of the Brain Characters (3 different Matrix Characters)
- Hello … You! Poster – outlining the characteristics of the Pre-frontal Cortex
- Hello … The Monkey Mind! Poster – outlining the characteristics of the Amygdala
- Hello … The Programme! Poster – outlining the characteristics of the Hippocampus
- The 3 Parts of the Brain Posters (3 different Matrix Characters)
Number of Pages: 11
Font: Open Dyslexic
Format: High Quality PDF