Supporting Autistic Children in the Classroom
Information about this Event: This event is aimed at education professionals looking at effective ways of reducing barriers for autistic children in schools.
Who is this event for :
- Primary SENDCos, Teachers, and INAs/TAs
- What is ‘the spectrum’ that is autism
- What are the barriers children face in accessing school?
- What tools can be put in place to reduce these barriers in school?
- What tools can be put in place to reduced these barriers in the classroom?
- Why is collaboration so important?
About the Trainer: Tracy Chadwick is the Founder of the Child Therapy Service CIC. As a former specialist teacher of social, emotional and mental health within an outstanding provision in Sussex – she understands the need to adapt environments to meet the child’s individual needs. Tracy works as an SEND Consultant with nurseries and schools, to establish learning environments that give the child a voice and a platform to be heard. Not only does she walk in the shoes of; an Education Professional, a Former Appropriate Body Lead, an NQT Trainer for Sussex Teaching Schools, an NLP Practitioner and EDMR Therapist – she is a mum. A mum of a child with a growing list of ‘labels’ … ‘labels’ that are needed by systems to understand him … but will never, ever define him!
- Autism Toolkit
- Visual Planner
- Sensory Difficulties Checklist
- Promo code to additional resources