- To build social and emotional awareness
- To explore other people’s emotions
- To be able to read social cues – linked to emotions
- To begin to expand the skill of empathy
This resource pack, has been created to give the child an opportunity to explore social cues in a safe space. Simply, print off the question card prompts and display the images either physically – or on a whiteboard. Then, discuss. How do we know someone is feeling (sad/happy/cross)? What happens to our face when we feel (angry/worried/excited)? What happens inside our body when we feel …? If someone is laughing, are they laughing at you?
This pack is also useful for anti-bullying – to explore what kindness is and social expectations.
This pack contains:
- 20 high quality images of social situations
- 27 question prompt cards