This training has been designed to provide education professionals with a tool to support children that maybe struggling with emotional dysregulation due to sensory processing.
As a result, this child presents as either disengaged and bored – or overactive and stressed.
- To ‘dip our toe’ into understanding sensory processing
- To explore the world through the lens of sensory processing
- To review how sensory processing presents in the classroom – hyper and hypo reactive
- To explore how sensory ladders relate to these presentations
- To explore a step-by-step method of creating a sensory ladder of individualised support
- To review examples of ladders and how they can be used by the child and in the classroom
- Sensory ladder Toolkit
- Moving Up and Down (the Ladder) Activities