Welcome to Metaphors of Emotion Resource Pack
Metaphors are like stories or comparisons that help explain feelings and thoughts.
This resource uses photographic scenarios to offer children a visual representation of what might be happening in their minds. It provides a simpler way to discuss complex situations.
How to Use this Pack:
- Print and laminate for durability.
- Ask the child to show you how they are feeling right now. Using known objectives or the question prompts in the pack.
- Then, according to the session’s goal, ask them how they feel in a specific scenario.
- Objective: To understanding why a child is struggling with friendships. Scenario: “Point to the picture that shows how you feel when you are with your friends/at breaktime.”
- Objective: To understanding why a child is struggling to focus and stay in the classroom. Scenario: “I can see you’re having a hard time in lessons, is that right? Let’s use these pictures to help me understand how lessons feel to you.”