Managing a child unable to cope with any demand put on them, is very challenging and isolating. This talk explores effective approaches used in educational settings.
Pulling together strategies used within special education settings, this specialist talk explores different styles of managing demand avoidance in children and young people. We will dip our toe into PDA – however, this training is focusing on demand avoidance and therefore applicable to anyone interested in this topic.
- What is the difference between avoidant behaviour and anxiety?
- Exploring individualised approaches to managing children with demand avoidance
- An awareness of how the flow of the day can impact on a child’s ability to cope with their emotions.
- Exploring practical techniques to manage emotions, including; visual aids, drama, using dens, the power of play, and relaxation techniques.
- Managing Demand Avoidance Toolkit (PDF)
- Sensory Checklist (PDF)
Did you know? Family, Professional and School Members can access this live training for FREE! Learn More