Welcome to the Keyring Emotions Pack
This resource pack has been created to provide children (and supporting adults) with a quick visual aid to help support a child’s emotions. Once laminated, these can be used on a keyring for the child’s access or on a lanyard for an adult to wear.
The colours correspond to the scale, and the images correspond to the Bounce characters.
If the child struggles to recognise or correctly identify their emotions, please use the Interoception/Body Scan resource to help them first connect to the physical sensations.
How to use:
- Print and laminate for durability.
- With the child, select the style that works for them.
- Create a keyring for the child to use independently.
- When the child is becoming dysregulated, the aim is that they communicate this to a trusted adult – using a visual card.
- The adult then co-regulates with the child, to help them process that emotion.