Helping children identify and regulate their emotions
This resource pack has been created to provide teaching staff with a simple interactive ’emotional check-in’ system – to support a child’s emotional well-being, during this difficult time. It is based on the Bounce Scale™ and is a great way to empower the child in identify and regulate emotions.
Simply, share the interactive PDF resource with the child and allow them to talk about which emotion they chose and reflect on the strategy shown.
This is a fantastic daily indicator of the emotional well-being of children during remote learning.
- To be able to identify an emotion
- To be able to label an emotion
- To be able to regulate emotions in a healthy way
How it Works:
- The child is sent/shared the PDF file ‘How are you Feeling?’
- The child simply clicks on the emotion they are feeling
- The interactive PDF takes them to a simple visual strategy linked to that emotional scale response
- When they’ve finished they click on the scale again – to prompt them back to the beginning
- The aim is to provide a simple ’emotional check-in’ and strategy system
- If the feedback from the child is indicating mental ill-health, this can prompt teaching staff to look at additional provision
In this Pack:
- Emotional Response Scale
- Calm Response
- Fizzy Response Strategy
- Wobbly Response Strategy
- Hot Response Strategy
- Cold Response Strategy
Number of pages: 7