Helping children identify what activates and deactivates their energy
We all experience situations that fill us with renewed energy and others that leave us feeling tired and depleted. This activity – is to give the child an opportunity to find out, what fills their emotional battery life and what drains it! This is also a great activity for the parent/carer to do – as it can show their child that sometimes the parent/carer is running very low and needs help. This communicates to the child, in a visual way – that they have an opportunity to help their parent/carer to recharge their emotional battery. An examples of this, could be to help wash the dishes, or to be more independent in getting themselves ready for the day.
It is linked to the Emotional Activation Scale.
- To begin to empathise with how choices effect the emotional energy of another person
- To begin to recognise what emotional energy renews the child/user
- To begin to recognise what emotional energy depletes the child/user
In this Pack:
- Introduction into How to Use the Pack
- Scenarios for different battery lives
- Battery life flash cards
Number of Pages: 21
Format: High Quality PDF