Helping children build emotional intelligence
Emotional intelligence is our ability to recognise emotions in ourselves and others, to understand their effect, and to use that knowledge to guide our thoughts and behaviours. For many children, this is a difficult concept. So, let’s give them opportunities to build those skills:
When we’re self-aware, we know our strengths and weaknesses, as well as how we react to situations and people.
When we are self-aware, we can regulate our emotions and keep them in check as necessary.
People with high emotional intelligence tend to be highly motivated as well, which makes them more resilient and optimistic.
People with empathy and compassion are simply better at connecting with other people.
- Social Skills
The social skills of emotionally intelligent people show they genuinely care for and respect others and they get along well with them.
- To be able to identify and label emotions in others
- To be able to reflect on ‘why’ others may feel this way
- To be able to reflect on personal experiences
This pack contains:
- 41 x Image Cards (A4) based on core emotions
- 6 x Emotion Word Cards to extend vocabulary
Number of pages: 49
Format: High quality PDF File