Children that Mask at School
This empowering talk, is led by Tracy Chadwick – a parent of a 14 year old autistic child and an experienced SEMH, ASC/PDA teacher. The knowledge and practical toolkit of ideas on this talk – comes from experience and understanding of what works!
Let’s look at the biology behind the mask and what solution focused approaches can be put in place to support that child and every child’s mental well-being.
- Understand what is behind a child’s emotional mask
- Discuss the importance for collaboration in supporting the social, emotional and mental health needs of the child
- Review what solution focused measures can be implemented at home and school to help the child remove the need for masking and access an education
- Review measures to prevent school refusal
- Skill Review Assessment Pack
- Motor Planning Resources: The Yoga & Mindfulness Toolkit
- Emotional Regulation Resources: Bounce Emotional Scale Pack
- Social Communication Resources: Social Scripts x 4
- Executive Function Resources: Graphic Organisers Pack
- Pupil Voice: Well-being Questionnaire
- Certificate of Completion
Access: These sessions can be accessed from the privacy of your own home for a period of 7 days