Childhood Eating Disorders – a Personal Perspective
Welcome to an honest talk of ‘childhood eating disorders and me’, Tracy Chadwick – Founder of the Child Therapy Service. This talk has been organised, after hearing so many families of children struggling with food and not receiving any support. It, of course, does not replace the expert advice and services available – but when those don’t exist, there needs to be another option.
Who is this event for :
- Families of children struggling with food
- Professionals supporting families struggling with food
Outline of the talk:
- Learning the language – Let’s talk honestly about Eating Disorders, Mental Illness & Body Image
- Eating Disorder Behaviours – Let’s talk honestly about what it was like Living with Bulimia and Anorexia at a teen and recovering from this as an adult
- Co-existing Behaviours – Let’s explore living with Eating Disorders alongside; Anxiety, Depression, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, and/or Neurodiversity
How the talk will be run:
This talk will be live via Zoom, for obvious reasons – it will not be recorded. It is an honest, open talk for those who feel alone and want to understand their child. It is to offer an insight into what their child maybe experiencing and why. It is none judgmental – we need to come together and support each other.
How can you book?