The Challenging Behaviour Toolkit!
When you have a child presenting challenging behaviour it is exhausting, physically and mentally. This toolkit has been designed to provide a systematic, methodical approach to seeing past this behaviour – into understanding the ‘why’, the ’cause’.
It is based on the outstanding work within specialist education settings across Sussex – to give a toolkit that identifies why the child has been triggered and then a collaborative approach to reducing them.
This Pack Contains:
- Activity 1: Adult Observation – To Identify Any Patterns/Triggers That Are Causing The Challenging Behaviour
- Activity 2: Child Observation – To Provide an Opportunity for the Child to Identify their Emotional Scale Throughout the Day
- Activity 3: Adult – Child Review – To Give The Child An Opportunity To Discuss Their Emotional Needs And Begin To See The Consequences Of Their Actions
- Activity 4: Collaborative Problem-Solving – To Bring Problematic Behaviour/Triggers into Conscious Awareness and Begin to Reduce Them
- Activity 5: Individual Targets – To Systematically Work Through Each Trigger In Turn To Reduce Associated Anxieties
- Activity 6:Identify Strategies for Grounding, Soothing and Coping – To Understand How To Regulate The Nervous System Back To A Calm ‘Green’ State
Number of pages: 103