CREATING A Calm Corner
- To be able to identify emotions
- To be able to label emotions
- To be able to understand the process of regulating emotions
- To be able to independently self-sooth emotional overwhelm
- To be able to independently regulate emotions within an education or home setting
What makes this resource pack so unique, is it’s versatility! A perfect addition to any settling looking to establish a positive emotional well-being environment:
- Visually Calming – calming photographs, visual coping cards, MP4 Videos
- Auditory Calming – MP4 Videos with calming music set at 64bpm and instructional videos for relaxing breathing, pushing against a wall to ground back into the body and stretching technique.
- Cognitively Calming – Mandalas colouring sheets, coping strategy tick list
This pack contains:
- Calm Corner Posters (two designs)
- Motivation Posters – to change belief systems!
- Calm Corner Rules – to keep the child focused (two designs)
- Calm Strategies Sequencing Mat – dyslexia friendly, focused and impact driven
- Calm Photograph Scenes – Forests/Trees, Lakes/Oceans, Warm Fire Places, Clouds/Skies
- Visual Coping Strategy Cards (photographs) – flexibility for each learner
- Mandalas to colour – grounding technique! Give the child something heavy to use for this, not pens
- 11 x Calm Time MP4 Videos (2 mins each) – Ideal for ipads! Set to 64bpm to calm the nervous system – providing auditory and visual relaxation
- You will need: A device to stream the MP4 videos with headphones so that the child can listen to the tracks, calming their nervous system without distraction. I would also recommend sensory items to be available – to support their sensory system that could be dysregulated and causing them anxiety.