The Child Therapy Service, a not-for-profit organisation, was founded in 2019 by Tracy Chadwick – when her own son began to struggle with anxiety. Reaching out and finding nothing but waiting lists and out-of-date systems.
She knew there had to be another way. One that was focused on early prevention of social, emotional, and mental health difficulties. One that puts the child at the heart of everything it does.
The Service was initially set up to support the local Eastbourne community, now – it reaches across the globe!
Who is Tracy?
She is a passionate, focused and determined Educational Consultant and Trainer – with nearly two decades of experience in supporting children and professionals. Tracy has had the privilege of working in many education sectors, including mainstream schools, Cuckmere House Alternative Provision, Cuckmere House School, Cuckmere House Teaching School, St Richard’s Catholic College National Teaching School, East Sussex Looked After Children Services and, Inclusion, Special Educational Needs and Disability Services.
Tracy has a nurturing approach to supporting children with social, emotional, and mental health difficulties. One that supports the emotional needs of the child, whilst empowering them to understand how to build inner resilience. Looking at the neuroscience behind emotions – to identify and remove emotional triggers. Tracy applies an holistic approach to help the child regulate their nervous system – so that they can engage in therapeutic work.
Tracy has 2 children, who are the driving force of positive change for this Service. They help shape; how resources are designed, how training is developed – or how therapeutic sessions are run. When not working, Tracy can be found in the gym, a yin yoga class, – or spending quality time with her family and friends.
Meet the Team
The Child Therapy Service is growing – more information coming soon!
Our mission is focused on the prevention of social, emotional, and mental health difficulties, so that they don’t impact on a child’s ability to access the world around them.
This is achieved through a therapeutic toolbox of; resources, training, and support to individuals, families, and schools. A therapeutic toolbox that focuses on evidenced-based systems to unpick the ‘why’ – to see the context – the individual.
Our vision is for all children to:
- Feel safe and build trust in any environment
- Build healthy connections and relationships
- Build empathy, compassion and emotional intelligence
- Develop strength, hope and resilience in all that they do
Our core values shape everything we do:
- Working together for the child. The child’s needs come first, in everything we do.
- Compassion. We ensure that compassion is central – responding to individuals, families and professionals with humanity and kindness.
- Commitment. We are determined to put an end to social, emotional and mental health difficulties in young children.
Meet Our Partners and Supporters
We are proud to be working in collaboration with a number of organisations to support professionals, children and their families:
- NHS Child Development Team, Eastbourne, East Sussex
- Up-grade Training, Bexhill, East Sussex
- St John’s Meads Church of England Primary School, Eastbourne, East Sussex
- Ocklynge Junior School, Eastbourne, East Sussex
- West Rise Community Infant School, Eastbourne, East Sussex
- Gildredge House School, Eastbourne, East Sussex
- St Andrew’s Church of England Infants’ School, Eastbourne, East Sussex
- Mountfield Heath School, Robertsbridge, East Sussex
- Whitehall Academy, Clacton-on-Sea, Essex
- Embrace, Eastbourne, East Sussex
- The Art House, Eastbourne, East Sussex
- Mugshots, Eastbourne, East Sussex